Did you know that breast cancer is the most common type of cancer and the second leading cancer death among women in the United States? Each year, approximately 200,000 women and 2,000 men are diagnosed with breast cancer. Although there is really no specific cause to this, there are a few risk factors that have been identified. A few of them include
- getting your menstrual period early (< 12 years old), or late menopause (> 55 years old)
- never having baby, or having baby at an older age
- family history of breast cancer
- long term use of hormone replacement therapy
- being overweight
The National Breast Cancer Foundation has a nice extensive list here. Family history is a big one. I myself come from a family with cancer history, particularly from my mother side. My grandmother is a survivor of cervical cancer, her sister passed away with breast cancer, and my mother is a survivor of breast cancer. My mother is very fortunate to discover it early during a doctor visit and received appropriate treatment on time. That is why it is important to know the signs and symptoms and to do your regular check ups. Ladies, remember to do your breast self-exam at least once a month (a nice how-to illustration is provided here). They say when breast cancer is detected early, in the localized stage, the 5-year survival rate 98%!
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (here) and the National Breast Cancer Foundation (here) websites provide a lot of useful information. Be sure to check them out to learn how to save the tatas!
For these nails, I used
- Kleancolor Pastel Pink (the baby pink and the roses base)
- Wet N Wild Wild Shine French White Creme
- Avalon Sinful Red (darker pink outlines on the rose)
- Sephora + Pantone Universe Evergreen (dark green leafs)
- Sinful Colors Innocent (light green leafs)
- Seche Vite Top Coat
- Seche Clear Base Coat
I painted my base coat and then the base colors. I drew the ribbons and the flowers with a toothpick, the polka dots and the hearts with a bobby pin. I completed it with Seche Vite top coat.
And that’s it from me today! I’ll be rocking these nails for now. Hopefully this post was somewhat informational and I hope you guys enjoy it! Spread the awareness and save the tatas! ❤
With love, QL